4108 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Brocade 4/12 c-Class SAN Switch - License Issue

Todd Lauder
Occasional Contributor

Brocade 4/12 c-Class SAN Switch - License Issue

Hey everyone,

We've recently purchased two Brocade 4/12 Brocade SAN switches to connect to our infrastructure. Both SAN switches came with Fabric OS 5.3.1a. I figured I was doing the right thing by upgrading to the latest firmware (6.1.0a) on both switches.

After upgrading to 6.0.1a (since you can't go straight to 6.1.0 from 5.3.1) I was still able to see our licensed features (Web, Zoning, Fabric) within the licensing tab.

So I moved on to 6.1.0a thinking we'd be in good shape, not so much. After I upgraded the firmware to 6.1.0a I went to the licensing tab and saw our key, but the licensed features showed up as "Unknown, Unknown, Fabric".

Any idea what gives and how I can resolve it?

Thanks in Advance
- Todd
4 REPLIES 4
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Re: Brocade 4/12 c-Class SAN Switch - License Issue

From what I've read here (I think you are the 3rd or 4th person asking this question), those two license keys are no longer required/used. It is too bad that the programmer(s) did not simply keep the output or at least print an informal message.
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

The first reply is correct. With 6.1x Brocade firmware there is no longer a separate license for Web & Advanced Zoning. Hopefully Brocade will clean this up in a future release so the two licenses don't show up as "Unknown".
Dave Thomson
Super Advisor

Hello

I have an issue that i have unlicensed ports on the switch. Only 12 ports are usuable, 4/12 i presume.

How do i get the other ports active ?

Thanks
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

Dave,

In the future you should create a new thread since this is not the same issue as posted by Todd.

Did you buy a 4/12 or 4/24? If you can provide the product # (or email me your SN#) I can look this up. If you buy the 4/12, you do only get 12 ports.

A 4/24 with the Brocade LICENSESHOW command will display the following:

"Full Ports on Demand license - additional 12 port upgrade"

terri.harris@hp.com