108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

netraid - error writing configuration

Go to solution
Chris Ciapala
Trusted Contributor

netraid - error writing configuration

Hi all,
I have 2 LH6000s with one RS12 external storage box in cluster configuration, with Netraid 3-Si in each server as controller for array. Recently I did complete reinstall, with firmware upgrades and boot disks exchange. Now I have 2 36GB internal disks running with integrated Netraid on each server. But, when Im trying to configure RS12, Im getting error. Error is happening when Im trying to configure new array and save configuration, error sounds exaclty as in subject: Error writing configuration. I tried built-in Express Tools and Windows configuration tools. Any ideas what may cause this? All firmware upgrades were fine, I have green LEDs everywhere but it dont want to work...
Thanks for any imput,
Chris
3 REPLIES 3
Greg Carlson
Honored Contributor

Re: netraid - error writing configuration

Krzysztof,

You mentioned doing a complete reinstall of the NOS. Internal OS drives are on the integrated netraid in the LH6000 and shared storage in the RS/12. For the RS/12, go into ctrl-M, choose correct adapter in objects and adapter. Then clear the configuration on the Netraid 3si w/ the shared storage. Then attempt to recreat the array.

hth,
Greg
Lets Roll!
Chris Ciapala
Trusted Contributor

Well, I did that becouse I need to reconfigure RS12. For now I have clear configuration, but still can't save the new one. Is it possible that integrated Netraid and 3-Si are interfering with each other somehow?
Solution

You should disable cluster support at your 3Si card to change the configuration. This can be done using the built-in Express tools.
Onces modified the secondary node can be modified by reading RS/12 disk configuration.