Netservers
1752317 Members
5983 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: NetServer LC 2000 U3

Go to solution

NetServer LC 2000 U3

We have an old NetServer LC 2000 U3 here. One of the disk in the Raid 5 array has failed, another is online but with media and other errors, and the third and last one it's online and healthy.
I have tried a rebuild on the failed disk, but it finished at around 15% with error. Then I tried to format the disk, but the same happend. So now i have tried with another disk that we have available, but it's a seagate (ST373207LC), and i'm not sure it's compatible. Anyway when I try a rebuild, it stops at around 5%.
I suspect that the reason could be that one of the online disks has errors. So my question is if there is some way of clearing the errors on the online disk?
Thank you very much, sorry for my poor english
3 REPLIES 3

sure, I would suggest doing a full back up which will take a bit with the drive problems, than i would do a low lvl format on the 2 bad drives and do a full restore, this will also speed up performance. seems like the best way to go considering your system is near total failure. hope this helps
e4services
Honored Contributor
Solution

-The ST373207LC will work just fine.
-THe rebuild failure is usually in the data it self, cause by the failure of one of the members of array and not something bad with the physical drives.
-Since the drives have started failing, you should not be trusting the rest of the physical members of the same era any long also, and plan on replacing all of them.
-The only recovery at this point is a FULL backup ASAP, clear the array config, replace the drives with new, reconfig the array and restore from the backup.
Hot Swap Hard Drives

Well I think i'll do as you say and replace all the disk. Thank you for answering!