ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752648 Members
5525 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Installing hp nvidia card in hp dl360p G8 server?

damima
Advisor

Installing hp nvidia card in hp dl360p G8 server?

Hello,

friend of mine has video surveillance project where he needs to put dl360p g8 as video server but software they will run require graphics card with minimum 512MB on it?

Is there anybody who know which card will fit nice in to this server, those cards from HP offering for workstations ? Suggestion is really needs quick. 

HP support didn't want to comment on this. 

Thanks.

Damir

3 REPLIES 3
Goutham_Sabala
Esteemed Contributor

Their is no official list for supported nvidia or any graphics cards on proliants, Here is the quick specs for DL360p Gen8 http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/14211_div/14211_div.html

Look at the PCi section and you will find the kinds of slots that the server has , I'm not sure if HP does support the configuration but if the card fits in and works , I dont see any issues installing it

The DL360p Gen8 can support many third party cards that are PCIe 3.0 and previous generations compliant. HP ProLiant DL360p Gen8 does not actively support Full-Size GPGPU options in this generation. The DL360p Gen8 was designed to get the most of performance, storage and memory and had to reduce the PCIe slot space to Half-Length which does not accommodate most GPGPU cards. And, no additional power is supplied other than that of the PCIe slot.

Was the post useful? Say thanks by clicking the white KUDOS Star!
Goutham Sabala
damima
Advisor

Hi, it not a problem with kudos :-). The thing is I need 100% sure solution since he has to order the stuff. If he ends up with card in PCIe 16x but he is unable to close the server or brackets behind, he is in trouble. 

So, it is just matter of finding right card, 100% fitable in to this server.

Damir

Goutham_Sabala
Esteemed Contributor

Well as mentioned in the above post, HP doesnt have any official list of supported controllers, you may have to nvidia guys and provide them the type of slot the server has and choose the one that fits.
Was the post useful? Say thanks by clicking the white KUDOS Star!
Goutham Sabala