1752610 Members
4407 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP System Management Homepage only on localhost

Urban Bareis
Occasional Contributor

HP System Management Homepage only on localhost

Hello, I have a problem with the Proliant DL 360 G7 Series. I didn't get a login Screen for the System Management Homepage from my workstation. I use the Smart Start CD to install the server and I also download the latest Version 7.7.1 but it only works local on the Server localhost:2381 and not remote from my pc.

The G4 and G6 Series it worked "out of the box".

Any ideas how I can solve this?

Thank you

8 REPLIES 8
PGTRI
Honored Contributor

hi,

Please be sure, that you have the latest SMH version. It's Version 7.1.1.1  (19 Jun 2012).

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?sp4ts.oid=4091409&spf_p.tpst=psiSwdMain&spf_p.prp_psiSwdMain=wsrp-navigationalState%3Dlang%253Den%257Ccc%253DUS%257CprodSeriesId%253D4091408%257CswItem%253DMTX-ab0d4e9bb4654a8da503eccfd9%257CprodNameId%253D4091409%257CswEnvOID%253D4024%257CswLang%253D8%257Cmode%253D5%257Caction%253DdriverDocument&javax.portlet.begCache...

Fixes :

• On some Non-English Windows Operating Systems, user is not able to login into SMH 7.1.0. This version will solve this problem.
  • Improved security features of PHP.

Thanks

regards,

How to Say Thank You? Just click the KUDOS!
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

In older versions of SMH, it was possible to configure SMH to be accessible on localhost only, but it was not configured that way by default.

It is possible that the SMH default settings have been changed in the newer versions of SMH. Check the SMH access settings.

Allowing access by localhost only would be good security, as it minimizes the security impact of any SMH bugs that may be discovered in the future. It also requires the sysadmin to explicitly choose the networks from where SMH access is allowed. Allowing worldwide SMH access to a system that has a public IP address and no firewall to protect it would not be very smart...

MK
Urban Bareis
Occasional Contributor

Hi I tried the security settings: "Ip Restricted login" there I put the IP of my workstation but no way it doesn't work. 

Sorry the version i use it's 7.1.1.1  (19 Jun 2012).

PGTRI
Honored Contributor

hi,

Do You recieve a time out error ? Have You tried with diffrent browser? You can try to clear cookies, history etc. Please check your firewall settings.

regards,

How to Say Thank You? Just click the KUDOS!
Urban Bareis
Occasional Contributor

Hi, yes I get a timeout error and no loginpage. It belongs only to generation 7 Servers, 5 and 6 Series works fine out of the box for me.

The APC Managementinterfacesoftware which is also installed on this server works from my workstation on Port 6547 it could not be a firewall thing...

valor88
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

I'm experiencing a similar problem to this.  I have 2 Proliant BL460c G7 servers which I have just installed the HP MCP which includes the hp smh, snmp and hp-health packages. Both of them are running on Oracle Linux 6.3. However, one of them after installing and configuring a read write community name, I was immediately able to access the smh through a remote browser using https://ipaddress:2381 or http://ipaddress:2301, while for the other one I could not, no matter through which port.

I did not configure anything extra for both these servers except for naming a single readwrite community. I have double checked that both servers have hpsmh listening through ports 2301 and 2381. I do not have iptables or any selinux configurations enabled.

In the IE for the failed one, it takes a while to load and finally it says that it cannot display the webpage. Clicking the diagnose problem, it says something like the connection is found, but the server is not responding.

I am running out of ideas as to why one works while the other one doesnt, when the configurations for both of them should be the same. Can anyone point out something that i might have missed?

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

My first thought was iptables, but you say that is off. Maybe something else on your network is using the same IP address?

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
valor88
Occasional Visitor

That seems highly unlikely, as the ip wasn't pingable until I set it for that server. Ah but I'm desperate here so I'll give it a shot. How do I verify that? Additionally, I woulld like to add that by using wget http://localhost:2301 in the server it was able to access the page and it downloaded that html file.