GregChernis
Occasional Advisor

ProLiant DL370 G6 uncorrectable machine checks

log view

5 REPLIES 5
GregChernis
Occasional Advisor

Re: ProLiant DL370 G6 uncorrectable machine checks

I have two DL370 G6 machines on hand.  I also have two NC375i quad-port gigabit NICs on hand.  It seems that said servers don't work well with these NICs. 

Once either of the NC375i NICs is installed, server gets unhappy.  On the other hand, all is well when I use third-party NICs, such as Intel's 1000PT quad.

I am using the ProLiant Support DVD from Oct 2012 over a clean Win2008 R2 SP1 Enterprise installation.

PGTRI
Honored Contributor

hi,

Please take a look here about the UMCE.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c02914393

Thanks

regards,

How to Say Thank You? Just click the KUDOS!
Dave73
Regular Advisor

We had all our 375 i and t nics replaced. There was a faulty chip on a certain batch i think. Search the forums. Our issue was pertaining to traffic drops.

Regards

GregChernis
Occasional Advisor

I've removed both NC375i NICs that shipped to us less than a month ago and placed them on the shelf to pick up dust.  No instabilities with Intel 1000PT quad NICs.

I wonder if HP would step up and replace ours with something that works.

GregChernis
Occasional Advisor

I don't believe that the UMCE fix applies in our case.  We've received both DL370 G6 servers May 5th BIOS, one month apart.  I've been running them with Max Performance: this setting sets VRMs to static mode.