ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748034 Members
4934 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPSUM fails with "Failed to transform hardware discovery results" on DL380G8p on Windo

Go to solution
inti
Advisor

HPSUM fails with "Failed to transform hardware discovery results" on DL380G8p on Windows Server 2012

Hi Folks,

as mentioned, hpsum fails on the hardware discovery on DL380 G8p Servers with Windows Server 2012 (non R2) installed.

I used the Version included in Proliant Support Pack 2013.09 (B) so it should be pretty recent.

Only hints I found so far ist do check the discovery.xml for non ASCII-chars, however I can't find such a discovery.xml file on the server. Second hint was to check system environmend variables for non UTF chars.

I run the hpsum_hwdiscovery tool and i really showed errors on these variables (see attached screenshot), but how can I change or correct them ?

They are not included via "set" in cmd or the list of system environment variables in the advances system properties.

Does anybody have an idea how to get the PSP installed ?

Both servers show the same symtoms.

Regards,

inti

2 REPLIES 2
inti
Advisor
Solution

Re: HPSUM fails with "Failed to transform hardware discovery results" on DL380G8p on Windo

Ok.. seems like a have to answer my own question:

you have to use the newer 6.0.x Version of HPSUM which can be downloaded from the server page and use that.

The new version is now a kind of webservice which just starts locally.

There you have to create a baseline (and point to the swpackage-path from the HP PSP) und finally inventory and deploy the package.

Not everything seems to work (e.g. remote deployment) or is buggy (servers hang in a reboot loop once after installing) and I'm confused by the controls (e.g. hou to exclude single objects or include a ftp repository) but it gets the job done for now.

Regards,

inti