1748252 Members
3999 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Reset Multiple Default Administrator Account Password

afointWPI
Frequent Advisor

Reset Multiple Default Administrator Account Password

I have researched this issue and tested it manually on 1 server. I can run the HPONCFG utility locally and change the password. However, I have about 70 servers and would like to script this without knowing the built-in passwords for most of the servers. I know I could manually visit each server once and run the script, and then use CPQLOCFG to run commands remotely on multiple machines using the password I set, but I was wondering if there was a way I could combine these two commands so I could run the script/batch file once for all servers.
4 REPLIES 4
sandeep_raman
Honored Contributor

Re: Reset Multiple Default Administrator Account Password

Hello afointWPI,

Hope these help,

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00294268/c00294268.pdf
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/support/files/lights-out/us/download/24181.html

See if these sample scripts help,

Change_Password.xml - Change the password of an existing Light-Out device user OR
Administrator_reset_pw.xml- Reset the default administrator account password using HPONCFG

SRH
afointWPI
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for the help, but I already have these script files, and this PDF Manual on the scripts. I have already setup two custom commands in SIM, one add's a ilo user, one delete's a ilo user. Both these scripts work fine, but only on a server in which I know the initial built-in Administrator password. I want to use the HPONCFG utility to first change this built-in Administrator password so I can then run my two scripts in SIM, but I don't want to do this one server at a time.
acartes
Honored Contributor

The only aproach I could think-of would be to make a task that could be distributed through HP Systems Insight Manager and runs on each server from the Administrator context. This, in theory, would allow you to deploy it over the network to ths hosts targeted via HP SIM.

I am not an expert at how to do that, but I believe that it is possible.
Rajashekar Chintakunta
Honored Contributor

Hello afointWPI,

If there is a RDP server available, you could copy the XML file and the HPONCFG file to the client and execute the HPONCFG file using scripts. That will reset the password on the client. After that you could use the CPQLOCFG to run commands as part of the script or run it seperatly.