Server Management - Remote Server Management
1752511 Members
5060 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Can different domain account logon to RILOE/iLO?

BeeLeng
Frequent Advisor

Can different domain account logon to RILOE/iLO?

Hi,

I just recently rollout the use of AD account for RILOE II/iLO in our production environment with no problem. But in this deployment all the user account are located in the forest hence I have no problem with it.

But now, I found out that there are several people where their account locate in the child domain also require the access as well, is it possible? I have configure my Directory Server to refer to the forest DC.

Please advice
Thanks!!

regards,
BLeng
3 REPLIES 3
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

Re: Can different domain account logon to RILOE/iLO?

Do you had into the schema HP rilo ?

if you did all you would need is to had to account for ilo.
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

BeeLeng
Frequent Advisor

Hi Daniel,

I'm using schema free method. Currently I only implement it for the user where their account located at e.g. HP.com domain. This was running perfectly fine.

Now I have new request to allow user at the child domain e.g. AP.HP.com to logon. I configured the Directory Settings to refer to HP.com DC IP address, but added additional Users Context and Group configuration for this AP.HP.com domain.

However this doesn't work. Only way to make it work is I switch the AP.HP.com user context to position 1 and enter the Directory Server IP for the DC in AP.HP.com then only it works, but then in this case, the users at HP.com will not work.

regards,
BLeng