Server Management - Remote Server Management
1748203 Members
3167 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

first time CPQLOCFG user - does it require ILO to be networked?

AnthonyS

first time CPQLOCFG user - does it require ILO to be networked?

I typically configure ILO through the BIOS at console. But I now do have a need to configure some remotely through Windows.

I have downloaded CPQLOCFG and the sample scripts. The utility requires a target IP address, which I assume is the ILO board (not the server's IP) Since the ILO board is not properly networked (it's plugged in, but without a valid IP)there is no way for me to establish a connection. It failes on a connection to to port 443.

So it appears CPQLOCFG can only be used after intial setup configuration is done through the BIOS. And it can't really be used to configure a new system out of box remotely. Can anyone please confirm this is the case?
4 REPLIES 4
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Re: first time CPQLOCFG user - does it require ILO to be networked?

CPQLOCFG makes an HTTPS connection over the network to login and apply changes. It has a sister application called HPONCFG that does the same thing using the same XML syntax RIBCL to connect from the host OS down to the iLO locally and not through the network. This is what you want.
AnthonyS

Thanks for the repy. I downloaded HPONCFG and was able to load the mod_network_settings XML, but not mod_global_settings. All I changed from the global settings file was the login info; this is what gets returned:

After several lines of "status 0 no error":

STATUS="0x0001"
MESSAGE='Syntax error: Line #0: syntax error near "" in the line: ""'
/>

Script failed

Any ideas,I don't see a match for "" in the file.
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

As David stated, cpqlocfg is used over the network, and hponcfg is used on the local system. Whereas cpqlocfg requires a valid statement to be able to function, hplocfg needs the syntax but the values are ignored.

Whenever I see an error something like yours, it is usually a missing " or / somewhere in the XML
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
pratap m keshava
Trusted Contributor

Sample scripts downloaded are common to iLO, iLO2 and RILOE II. You need to go through the script and remove any unsupported commands.

For example if you are running the script against iLO, you need to remove all the iLO2 specific commands from the script before running it. This mite solve the syntax error which you are getting.