Server Management - Remote Server Management
1752780 Members
6597 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How do I DELETE SSH keys with RIBCL XML?

Mark Sobolewski
Occasional Contributor

How do I DELETE SSH keys with RIBCL XML?

Hello,

I have imported bad keys via hponcfg xml IMPORT_SSH_KEY command. I want to be able to script a removal (I have 700 servers).

I found that if I deleted the account associated with the keys, it would also delete the keys themselves BUT I still get an error message that the slots are full:
ERROR : STATUS= 0x005A MESSAGE= No available slot for additional SSH key.Firmware Revision = 1.70 Device type = iLO 2 Driver name = hp_ilo Script failed

When I go to the ILO https management page and go to security/SSH keys page, it's listed as none in the slots and then IMPORT_SSH_KEYS works. So I guess what happens is that the account deletion drops the keys from the slots, but the ILO isn't aware of this until you actually look at that page.

I don't want to have to log into 700 servers' homepages to "refresh" the ilo. I have tried a number of things: resetting the ilo, trying to do a "GET" of all settings to see if that would refresh the "slots available" variable, and doing a recreate of the account. None of them worked. I went to the documentation and there's no XML command for deleting individual keys or even downloading them (which may work).

Any suggestions of pointers to a paper with ALL of the available commands for the ILO? Does such a command exist?
4 REPLIES 4
Reiner  Rottmann
Frequent Advisor

Re: How do I DELETE SSH keys with RIBCL XML?

I know this thread is from 2009 but currently I need automatically add ssh keys to the ILOs of our c-class Blades.

When we import the same key multiple times, eventually the following error occurs:

ERROR : STATUS= 0x005A
MESSAGE= No available slot for additional SSH key.DEBUG: Firmware Revision = 1.78 Device type = iLO 2 Driver name = hpilo

How may I delete all SSH keys or remove a specific one via RIBCL?
Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

Sorry, we don't have a way to remove the ssh key using XML.

I will formally request the dev team to add a command to the next release.

Hello,

I need the same remove_ssh_key function. (100) server.

Regards.

Peter
Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

It was added to iLO2 v2.06.