1752703 Members
5418 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

iLO 3 keyboard layout

Jeroen Hoekx

iLO 3 keyboard layout

Hello,

We received a G7 proliant recently. This one comes with iLO3. For our iLO 2 servers, we could change the keyboard layout for the graphical remote console with the hponcfg tool.

More specifically, the

RIBCL tag.

This does not seem to work on our new G7 hardware, even though the documentation (Scripting and Command Line Guide) says it's still supported. Does anyone know the solution to this problem?
3 REPLIES 3

Re: iLO 3 keyboard layout

We had the same problem.
We found a solution that worked for us with Server 2008 R2.

Try this:
Control Panel / Region and Language / Administrative / "Language for non -Unicode programs" / "Change system locale..." and change it to your Language

Check this language settings too:
Control Panel / Region and Language / Administrative / "Welcome screen and new user accounts"

If you still use Server 2003 check all the region settings especially keyboard and unicode settings
Jeroen Hoekx

Thanks Marcus,

I had tried changing my locale (in RHEL 4.8), but that did not improve the situation.

One thing I discovered is that it's possible to force a different locale by creating a hp.properties file in ~/.java with locale.override = YOURLOCALE in it. The java console shows that it detected the locale change, but it still doesn't work.
JamesFarrow

Did you ever resolve this issue? We are looking to change the keyboard value from US using ILO3 and haven't been able to work out how to do this yet? Thanks