5001 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ilo2 - Remote console record/play

Riks_2
Frequent Advisor

ilo2 - Remote console record/play

Hi

I heard there is a console play function if the firmware version is 1.30 or above.

How can I configure to record the console video data?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards
Riks

6 REPLIES 6
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

Re: ilo2 - Remote console record/play

You must apply ILO Select or Advanced licence.
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

You can manually capture video of the server console using the IRC Record feature. All manually captured data is stored in a local file on the client for later playback.

For more info refer to page 96:
http://bizsupport.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00553302/c00553302.pdf
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

Advisory: Integrated Lights-Out 2 (iLO 2) Console Replay Capture Buffer Export Feature May Cause the Server to Stop Responding.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?locale=en_US&objectID=c01139147

Riks_2
Frequent Advisor

Thanks!

I checked "Boot" and "Fault" in "Console Capture buffer enable" and rebooted the machine, but I cannot find reply button...
I should be able to find the buttn in IRC toolbar, but not there.
When I checked Tools->Settings->View Objects in IE6, I can see "iLO 2 Remote Console Applet" but the status is "Unknown"..

The firmware version is 1.42

Thanks!

Regards
Riks
Riks_2
Frequent Advisor

Actually, I forgot to enable capture. After enabled it, and rebooted the server. I can now see Play button in IRC, I played it but nothing happens........?!?
Riks_2
Frequent Advisor

solved.
V1.42 seems to have a little bug - as soon as I stopped the play function, the ilo couldnot be accessable but when restarting the IE makes the ilo to be accessable again.

Anyway, upgraded to V1.50 and it solved this issue.

Thanks!!!

Regards
Riks