6090 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

iLO 4 - can't reach the server after change to the shared NIC

VolkerD_MA
Occasional Contributor

iLO 4 - can't reach the server after change to the shared NIC

Hi,

i am new with iLO and I think, i have unfortunately breakt all connections to my Server (Proliant Microserver Gen8).

I changed in the iLO Settings the connection from the dedicated iLO to the shared NIC. After that i can't reach the server from both connections. When i plug in a cable to the dedicated NIC no link are established. The plugin in the shared NIC results in a hardware link, but if i trey to reach the server with vie the web page (https://server), nothing will display.

I have reboot the server, but nothing happens.

4 REPLIES 4
Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

Re: iLO 4 - can't reach the server after change to the shared NIC

Assuming you have local access to that Microserver.  When you reboot the system, do you see iLO IP address at the bottom of the screen?  Are you using DHCP or Static IP address? 

To go back to dedicated NIC, press F8 when the iLO4 message shows up during POST and then change the NIC settings accordingly.

Also, if you are trying to access iLO4 from the OS on that same Microserver's shared NIC, it won't work.  This is a known limitation of the NC-SI protocol used by Shared NIC out there.  Your OS has to use NICs other than the shared one to be able to reach iLO.

>Assuming you have local access to that Microserver.  When you reboot the system, do you see iLO IP address at the

>bottom of the screen?  Are you using DHCP or Static IP address? 

Hello,

sorry for my late reply. I have local access but i have no VGA-Monitor and can't see anything.

Do you know a way to reset the server back to factory settings? (Jumper settings on the main board or anything like this?

Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

If you already have an OS installed and got the iLO Channel Interface driver loaded, you can use the hpqoncfg tool and run it with option -r

Hi,

i used a very brutal method: I set a jumper of the maitenance switch to erase the memory and remove the internal battery for 30 minutes.

After that the iLO-NIC functioned again