Server Management - Remote Server Management
1748032 Members
4659 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Blank screen in console; java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

Dan Stebbins
Advisor

Blank screen in console; java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

I just get a blank, black screen when connecting to remote console and the timeout message "java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect". Otherwise iLo works OK. I do have a firewall between my browser and the iLo. Also have version 1.4.1_04 plugin. Does remote console require more than port 443? TIA
4 REPLIES 4
acartes
Honored Contributor

Re: Blank screen in console; java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

It sounds like your firewall is interfering.

The remote console requires two ports:
The Web Server SSL port (default: 443)
The Remote Console port (default: 23)

Check the iLO Global Settings page for their assignments on your system. Then check the firewall to make sure it is blocking neither of these ports.
Dan Stebbins
Advisor

Re: Blank screen in console; java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

Thanks. Our problem turned out to be the java plugin version, but the port information is good to know.
django

I have the same problem, what was the correct Java version that solved your problem?
Allan Anderson

Yes, I'm getting the same error--but I'm using Remote Console Client for Java versino 2.0.0 (build: 10801) on iLO 100 with JRE 1.6.0_19, so I assume the requirements are different.