1752794 Members
6571 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Composite device cd and floppy don't work together

Hank Gross_1

Composite device cd and floppy don't work together

Hi,

I have a boot floppy that runs an interview for a scripted install of server2003 using the cd for file copying. It doesn't work however with the iLO composite setting. The floppy returns an error indicating that it can't read the cd or if I point it to a network iso version. Has anyone ever use composite configuration and get it to work?
4 REPLIES 4
barnett chan
Trusted Contributor

Re: Composite device cd and floppy don't work together

Hank,

Is this during the creation of the answer file or are you running the unattended install off the Virtual CDrom?
Jon Ward
Trusted Contributor

Hank Gross_1

The interview process on the floppy creates the unattend.txt file. The build is used globally so things like DNS/WINS etc. info is scripted for a location or purpose. After it's created, the server is supposed to boot, load a universal cd rom driver and then start copying the i386 dir and other custom utilities. Works perfectly when not using the iLO composite. The CD driver loads but for some reason I think it's only recognizing the cd drive physically on the machine and never reads the virtual one. The server never hangs. When I point a bootable iso image for the cd, not in composite, it works. Just not in composite mode so I know the iLO sees it.
Jon Ward
Trusted Contributor

I believe that at this point, composite mode is only supported within Windows 2000 SP3 and Windows Server 2003. I have not seen BIOS level support available for text mode setup.