1753518 Members
5072 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

RDP support for G7 Blades

Kerry Quillen
Regular Advisor

RDP support for G7 Blades

I am running RDP 6.9 sp3. I just recently purchased some BL460C-G7 blades and cannot get them to boot via pxe. All of my pre-G7 blades work fine. Some of the messages that I see are:
-"Retarting DHCP client service"
-"PXE-E32 TFTP open timeout"

I suspect I may need newer nic drivers and/or need to upgrade RDP. I can't find anything documented that says I need to upgrade RDP nor can I find the location to download the upgrade.

Is there a newer version and where do I get it?
How do I inject drivers into the WinPE image?
63 REPLIES 63
shocko
Honored Contributor

Re: RDP support for G7 Blades

I think 6.9 SP3 refers to the altiris console. YOu need to download the latest Insight CNOtrol DVD .iso . It conatins the 6.2.1.7 version of RDP whihc is the latest

;)
If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
shocko
Honored Contributor

That is to say, if you install the latest version from that DVD, it will upgrade your WInPE images with the latest drivers. Alternaitvely, just inject them directly into the .WIM file using the PEIMG.exe from the WAIK.

;0
Neal Bowman
Respected Contributor

The error message you are seeing is before any NIC drivers are loaded, this is base PXE broadcasting for a boot server.

Are the blades connected to a PXE-enabled nVLAN/network? Can you PXE boot a non-G7 server from the same chassis?
Kerry Quillen
Regular Advisor

Yes the blades are connected to a PXE-enabled nVLAN/network. I have 8 non-G7 blades in the same enclosure that PXE boot fine. I found and downloaded the latest RDP version and will upgrade as soon as I get a chance.
shocko
Honored Contributor

Wee to be exact:

-"Retarting DHCP client service"

Most likely a driver not-present in the WinPE enviroment

-"PXE-E32 TFTP open timeout"
Most likely an issue contacting the TFTP server
shocko
Honored Contributor

Also, which NIC in the virtual connect profile is PXE enabled? Can you screenshot?
Kerry Quillen
Regular Advisor

I have decided to do a fresh install of the latest RDP. Got a lot of other issues going on with the current DS. Now just have to figure out how to migrate everything over.

Hi all,

I've the feeling that the winPE downloading phase is very slow with the NIC embbeded on G7 in opposition to G6.

Let me know if someone has the same low performance.

BR
shocko
Honored Contributor

Are you using flex-10 nics? if so, what bandwidth have you allocated to the pxe nic?