4167 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

New to agentless monitoring - a little lost

Go to solution
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

New to agentless monitoring - a little lost

I am building a new Windows 2012 R2 image on Gen8 hardware and decided to finally try the new agentless monitoring instead of sticking with SNMP.  I only installed the Agentless agents:

1) WBEM Agents are NOT installed

2) SNMP Windows services is NOT installed

3) Old school HP Management Agents (those that used SNMP) are NOT installed

4) Agentless Agent is installed (can you say oxymoron?)

5) HP System Management page is installed

6) VCAgent is NOT installed

When I look at the SMH, it shows unknown server model, no iLO detected, pretty much a broken SMH.  How do I configure SMH to recognize all the hardware and stuff the original management agents used to provide?  Or am I no longer supposed to be using SMH now with the "agentless" agents?

HP SIM picked up the device, I am assuming through the iLO where I set SNMP trap settings, and SIM shows correct hardware model, but does not show a SMH link.  So again, is SMH a thing of the past now?

Thanks

Nelson

2 REPLIES 2
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: New to agentless monitoring - a little lost

Hello Nelson,

Indeed you no longer need the SMH for monitoring, the server is monitored with the ILO the agent-less agent is only Neede to monitor the OS related counters. Please read the PDF link below for more info on configuring the ILO.

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.BINARYPORTLET/public/kb/docDisplay/resource.process/?javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.rid_ba847bafb2a2d782fcbb0710b053ce01=docDisplayResURL&javax.portlet.rst_ba847bafb2a2d782fcbb0710b053ce01=wsrp-resourceState%3DdocId%253Demr_na-c03306157-2%257CdocLocale%...

Kind regards,

Andrew
Kind regards,

Andrew
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Re: New to agentless monitoring - a little lost

Thank you sir.

Nelson