1752520 Members
4562 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: How to view versions of SMH using SIM

Matthew Levy

How to view versions of SMH using SIM

Hi there,

I am in the process of upgrading the Systems Management Homepage on our Windows 2003 and Windows 2008 servers in order to address security vulnerabilities (HPSBMA02583 SSRT100070 rev.1 - HP System Management Homepage (SMH) for Linux and Windows, Remote URL Redirection).

I would like to draw a report in HPSIM from "All Servers" of the current version of SMH installed on each system but without going to each server to check the version.

Is there a way of doing this in HPSIM?

Thanks

Matt
4 REPLIES 4
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Not directly.
You can run a report on Software and then sort it by description. Trouble is not all software descriptions are the same.
In the past I've also pulled data directly from the database using part of the software description.
adisor19
Occasional Visitor

Is there really no other way ? Since SMH is afected by heartbleed, i need to filter out the affected versions out of over 600+ servers.

Thanks,

Adi

LGentile
Trusted Contributor

I didn't really have an issue with this.  You can export that software report to Excel, then just filter on the SMH software column.  Take those machines with the version numbers and put them into another sheet and drop them into a pivot table, or just a standard filter (or just keep filtering the entire raw list).  I have over 2,000 devices and it took me about 10 minutes to get a list of machines that I sent to our security team to evaluate.

Akash_tm
Occasional Visitor

First re identify all your systems in sim

and

Go to advance search of sim ->

"Search for sytems where management protocol is system management homepage "

Click on view ,,, It will display all syatems with it's relavent smh version.