1748165 Members
3751 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Need advice on which model of used c3000 enclosure model to purchase

RBK13
Visitor

Need advice on which model of used c3000 enclosure model to purchase

I'd like some advice on what "used" model of c3000 enclosure I should purchase. I'm the network administrator for a non-profit housing and community development organization. We recently received 7 donated HP Proliant BL460c blades. I believe that they are G1. Their PID number is: 435458-B21

I noticed on eBay that some models are called "starter" enclosures and will only allow 4 blades. Others come with trial versions of insight control software licensing. I'd like to get an enclosure that will be compatible with the blades I have and also accept up to 8 blades with the full version of the insight control licenses.

I appreciate the help. Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Renjiv
Respected Contributor

Re: Need advice on which model of used c3000 enclosure model to purchase

Hello,

You will find the information regarding c3000 enclosure from the below link:

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12517_na/12517_na.html#Configuration Information Factory Integrated Models

Regards,

Renji V

Was this post useful? -
To say thanks click the "thumbs up" icon below!!! .....
Casper42
Respected Contributor

Re: Need advice on which model of used c3000 enclosure model to purchase

Both are compatible but most likely the starter does not have all the fans or power supplies and thus will not power the full 8 blades.

If you have access to 208/220/240v power I would probably go for the c7000 instead since the redundancy of the network uplinks is more straight forward.