New Discussion

Annoying Message

aali
Frequent Advisor

Annoying Message

whenever I login to IMC (IE or Firefox), I get this message:

Block Pontentially unsafe components from beign run

Application: com.h3c.fault.applet.FaultApplet

Java has discovered application components that could indicate a security concern.  Contact the application vendor to ensure that it has not been tampered with.

It gives me two options either Block or Unblock and doesn't matter what option I chose I can login fine.  It is just annoying and wondering how to get rid of this message on permanent basis for IE/FireFox and Chrome.

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

Re: Annoying Message

You can't easily block this - it's coming from Java. You could disable Java in your browser, but then you won't be able to look at the topology view.

Word is that the next version will drop Java - it will be all HTML5. Planned to ship later this year.

I would just live with it until then.

Richard Litchfield
Respected Contributor

Re: Annoying Message

This works for me!

This warning dialog can be disabled… and the user will not be prompted each time they log into IMC.

Directions are provided below, and the second option (“Enable - Hide warnings and run with protections”) should be selected.

• Go to Start Menu  Control Panel, and select the “View by” for “Small Icons”

• Click in the “Java” icon

• In the Java Control Panel, select the Advanced tab and scroll down, looking for the Mixed Code section

These are the details of the available options:

• Enable - show warning if needed
This is the default setting, and when a potential security risk is encountered, a warning dialog is raised.
By user clicking Yes the Java blocks potentially unsafe components from running and may also terminate the program.
When the user clicks No, the application or applet continues execution – with protections – and packages or resources that are later encountered with the same names but have different trust levels (i.e., signed x unsigned), for safety, will not be loaded.

• Enable - hide warning and run with protections

[select this option, and also recommend your peers and customers to do the same]
This option suppresses the warning dialog box.
This creates a kind of “implicit No” for the dialog box, what means that when a potential security risk is encountered, the code executes as if the user had clicked No from the warning dialog, and assumes the same protections above.
• Enable - hide warning and don't run untrusted code

The behavior is as if the user had clicked Yes from the warning dialog.

• Disable verification
This option is not recommended.
It completely disables the software from checking for mixing trusted and untrusted code, leaving the user to run potentially unsafe code without protections.
Never suggest this to the customer before check their policies for security and compliances. This change will affect all browsers installed in your system.