Aruba & ProVision-based
1751933 Members
4929 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: 2910al stack members not managing properly in stack when I upgrade from firmware w.14.38 to w.14

Switcher
Occasional Contributor

2910al stack members not managing properly in stack when I upgrade from firmware w.14.38 to w.14.49

Background: Stack works fine with the w.14.38 firmware. Commander has an address on the primary vlan, members have no addresses but are set up with their trunk uplink ports to the commander as tagged in the primary vlan (stacking protocol apparently works across the primary VLAN). Their primary vlan ID is the same as the commander's. The primary vlan is no longer Default vlan ID 1. The Commander has an admin password set. I then upgraded the firmware on the members & set it as boot default image, ending with the upgrade of the commander.  I have subsequently rebooted them all several times but the problem still occurs.

The problem: I can connect to the commander web interface fine, but  when I switch the dropdown to a member switch, all I get is the HTML  "page can't be displayed" message in the frame. I've checked the web agents on the members are enabled (plaintext not SSL). The 'show stack' option of the web interface shows all members as up.

If I connect over telnet to the Commander, and try to logon as admin it just hangs (perhaps because it would normally present an option just after logon to select the stack member I want to manage, but because stacking is messed up I think this is why it hangs here). If I logon as read-only and enable myself as Admin I can get in. When I view stacking (all) in the telnet menu system it says the members are up and connected. If I then view stacking (this switch) it hangs indefinately. If I then force disconnect the telnet session and go back in I can't then even run the menu utility 2nd time around  (I just get the menu banner appear and no menu ... it just hangs there!

Has anyone encountered this before? (I've reverted to the older secondary image for now and it's running OK on that).

2 REPLIES 2
geertreijnders
Occasional Visitor

Re: 2910al stack members not managing properly in stack when I upgrade from firmware w.14.38 to w.14

Hi,

Did you ever resolve this issue? I'm having also the same problems with this firmware. Perhaps I need to roll back to version 14.38

Kind Regards,

Geert Reijnders

Arimo
Respected Contributor

Hi guys

This is fixed in W.14.67. It's not available from the HPN website, but call support and you get the current W.14.69.

HTH,

Arimo
HPE Networking Engineer