1751968 Members
4482 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: VLAN Problem

shanmann
Occasional Visitor

VLAN Problem

Hello, i have create two vlans (10 and 111) on a Procurce Switch 2810. I tagged the vlans on the trunk. The other side is a Cisco catalyst 6500 switch. The trunk protocol is dot1q and vlan 1-1005 are allowed. Now: i untagged the specified ports. VLAN 111 work fine, but VLAN 10 not. No Port in VLAN10 does work. When i untagged the ports and the trunk to VLAN "DEFAULT_VLAN", it works. I have no idea. Who can i help me ? Stefan
3 REPLIES 3
Silvio_Oehme
Occasional Visitor

hi there we also had problems with vlans between cisco and hp in the beginning. The major problem was the vtp pruning function from cisco. show vtp status VTP Version : 3 (capable) Configuration Revision : 547 Maximum VLANs supported locally : 1005 Number of existing VLANs : 122 VTP Operating Mode : Server VTP Domain Name : xxx VTP Pruning Mode : Disabled (Operationally Disabled) VTP V2 Mode : Enabled VTP Traps Generation : Enabled xxx VTP version running : 2 we had to disable this function to work proper with our hp-world (which cannot use ciscos vtp) . to disable vtp pruning on cisco side use : conf term set vtp pruning disable (or something similar) perhaps this will help regards
paulgear
Esteemed Contributor

Have a read of http://www.tecnocael.it/ftp/docs/ProCurve_Cisco.pdf for more background on this.
Regards,
Paul
shanmann
Occasional Visitor

hi, thanks for your answers. I think our Cisco Switch is to old. It speaks CATOS. On a Switch with IOS does the trunk work fine.