4643 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

MSM 710 , Active Directory VSC authentication problems

JockeN
Collector

MSM 710 , Active Directory VSC authentication problems

Hello!
I have for some time now experienced a problem with our Active-Directory controlled VSC. 
It seems that only some of our users are able to authenticate and others recieve a reject. 

The VSC is access-controlled and ive added the appropiate-groups aswell ass added the default AC group.

"Feb 11 13:55:01 debug iprulesmgr Sending RADIUS Access Reject (id='4') to RADIUS Client (ip-address='169.254.0.4',port='33183').
Feb 11 13:55:01 info iprulesmgr Refusing session for user (nas-port='7',name='domain\username',calling-station-id='00-23-14-8D-21-B4',framed-ip-address='0.0.0.0')."

This is one of the entries i can see being logged in the MSM-log after activating extra Radius/ad-debug. 

The wierd thing is that some of our users are able to authenticate to this AD-authenticated VSC but some of them can't

from what i can see this is alos logged on the DC when one of the users getting rejected tries to connect : 

The computer attempted to validate the credentials for an account.

Authentication Package: MICROSOFT_AUTHENTICATION_PACKAGE_V1_0
Logon Account: User.account
Source Workstation: \\MSM710
Error Code: 0xc000006a

Our current setup is (only listed the relevant servers) : 1 DC (2008r2) ,

Network is 1 VLAN, 2 subnets connected through an IPSEC-tunnel ('ve checked the firewall nothing being blocket there its full access between these subnets) 

1: MSM710

2:MSM 430

1: MSM 310

So to clarify we are not using a RADIUS-Server just the built in "Remote > Active Directory authentication"

P.S usernames and domain have been swapped for privacy reasons

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated

Cheers 

Joakim

:UPDATE:
Looking at the logs from the DC the only difference i can see between a failed authentication and one that succeeded is that the ones able to authenticate has its own laptop as Souce Workstation: laptopnamexxx

While the ones failing comes from Source Workstation: \\MSM710

example below:

Failed authenticated:

Logon Account: user.name
Source Workstation: \\MSM710
Error Code: 0xc000006a

Successfully authenticated:

Logon Account: user.name2
Source Workstation: computername-xxx
Error Code: 0x0

P.S. This thread has beenmoved from Communications, Wireless (Legacy ITRC forum) to MSM Series. - Hp Forum Moderator

2 REPLIES 2
VikingB
Occasional Visitor

Re: MSM 710 , Active Directory VSC authentication problems

I am having the exact same problem currently. Did you ever find a solution to this?

Currently running 6.6.3

RamKrish
Valued Contributor

Re: MSM 710 , Active Directory VSC authentication problems

Describe the problem little bit elaborate.

Could you post the screen snap of the "Authentication --> Active Directory" page settings?  Any error message that you see on the controller at the time of the problem.

Regards
Ram