5357 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Bl460c-RHEL5- PSP 7.92 : server rebooting continuosly

SOLVED
Go to solution

Bl460c-RHEL5- PSP 7.92 : server rebooting continuosly

Hello experts,

I have installed RHEL 5 on a new BL460c. I have selected all the optional packages during the installation time. The installation completed successfully.

I tried installing latest PSP 7.92 and force selected all the options. the installation was complete. after some time the server started re-booting continuosly.

what is the most compatiable version of PSP for linux 5? should i be selecting only few packages while installing Linux? did i install the incorrect version. Kindly advice.
6 REPLIES 6
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: Bl460c-RHEL5- PSP 7.92 : server rebooting continuosly

what version of RHEL5? The most current is 5.6. Are you installing the x86 or x86_64 version?
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 

Hi Jimmy,

The verson is 5.2 X86_64.
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Hi Jimmy,

before installing 7.92 i have tried the latest 8.7 Unlike the earlier versions this has "hpsum" script instead of install.sh.
after executing hpsum script, a new window opens stating loading and never moves further.Hence i installed 7.92.
am i installing the 8.7 is the right way?
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro
Solution

Take a look at using the SDR as a repository and use apt to intstall the various components.

Start at http://downloads.linux.hp.com/SDR/ for information on setting up the repository

v8.31 was the last PSP that used an installX.XX.sh script. v8.40 and later use the hpsum program.
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 

Manged to complete the task using install.sh file. yet to try the latest version.