Operating System - Linux
1753253 Members
4244 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Can anyone let me know what is the delimiter to pass '{' to unix from RFT??

rhondapereira
Occasional Contributor

Can anyone let me know what is the delimiter to pass '{' to unix from RFT??

Hi,

I am using Rational Functional Tester Script as a front end testing tool to display a unix command "awk '{ if(index($0, "rmk")> 0) {count++} if(count>1) { print $0} } ' " onto a unix terminal window. I accomplish this by using PuTTYwindow().inputKeys("awk '{ if(index($0, "rmk")> 0) {count++} if(count>1) { print $0} } ' ");
For some reason this does not work,RFT (uses Javascript) throws me errors. When I narrowed the problem down it looks like I am not able to find a suitable delimiter for the character '{' while passing it to unix.

Can anyone let me know what is the delimiter to pass '{' to unix from Rational Functional Tester ( or javascript)? ....i tried \\,\b,\t,\f,\r...
2 REPLIES 2
Alexander Chuzhoy
Honored Contributor

Re: Can anyone let me know what is the delimiter to pass '{' to unix from RFT??

try to prepand the $ sign with backslash so that it'll look like this:
awk '{ if(index(\$0, "rmk")> 0) {count++} if(count>1) { print \$0} } '
rhondapereira
Occasional Contributor

Re: Can anyone let me know what is the delimiter to pass '{' to unix from RFT??

Thank you for your quick reply....but i guess you might not have understood my question correctly........the function i'm using is PuTTYwindow().inputKeys("awk '{ if(index($0, "rmk")> 0) {count++} if(count>1) { print $0} } ' ");
...I'm able to pass a delimiter to the whole command except to the '{'...that's where it throws me errors.....any more suggestions??