Re: Debian HPPA

SOLVED
Go to solution
Piotr Kirklewski
Super Advisor

Debian HPPA

Hi there.

My server is HP D310.
I'm trying to install Debian HPPA (ver 2.6.18-4-parisc).
The installation starts but at some point I'm getting:

TCP bic registered
NET: Registered protocol family 1
NET: Registered protocol family 17
Freeing unused kernel memory: 328k freed

then nothing !!! (I was waiting about two hours)
When I pressed the return key, the message appeared:

Kernel panic - not syncing: Kernel Fault

I've checked it on the Debian site - they say that my server model is supported etc.

Can anybody help?
Jesus is the King
5 REPLIES 5
rick jones
Honored Contributor
Solution

You probably need to find a "users" mailing list on parisc-linux.org and ask there. Linux on HPPA is a "labor of love" sort of thing rather than a day job for anyone.
there is no rest for the wicked yet the virtuous have no pillows
Court Campbell
Honored Contributor

What is a D310? i don't even think that has a pa-risc processor in it.
"The difference between me and you? I will read the man page." and "Respect the hat." and "You could just do a search on ITRC, you don't need to start a thread on a topic that's been answered 100 times already." Oh, and "What. no points???"
rick jones
Honored Contributor

An HP 9000 Model D310 was (IIRC) a single-processor server based on a PA-7100LC PA 1.1 CPU (32-bit only). It was in a PC Tower like chassis. It had a small mix of EISA and EISA-formfactor HSC I/O slots, IIRC some number of hot-plug (not hot-swap, there _is_ a difference) FWD (aka HVD) SCSI discs and a built-in 10 Megabit Ethernet etc etc...
there is no rest for the wicked yet the virtuous have no pillows
Court Campbell
Honored Contributor

In that case a look at the list of supported hardware would reveal that it is not on the list.

http://www.parisc-linux.org/hardware/supported.html
"The difference between me and you? I will read the man page." and "Respect the hat." and "You could just do a search on ITRC, you don't need to start a thread on a topic that's been answered 100 times already." Oh, and "What. no points???"
Court Campbell
Honored Contributor

OK, let me be more specific. It states that it is partially supported.

>The D, K and R class machines are at least partially supported.