Operating System - HP-UX
1748213 Members
3051 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

emails to verizon wireles (vtext.com) being refused beacuse of spam filter put in place friday

SOLVED
Go to solution
RobertCarback
Frequent Advisor

emails to verizon wireles (vtext.com) being refused beacuse of spam filter put in place friday

Since Friday at 5 pm Verizon has started using a spam filter that is refusing emails/pages I am send to verizon wireless users (9999999999@vtext.com). I have my sendmail.cf file setup with masquerade of --
DMMobilexUSA.com

and I when I send the email to my outlook account (bob.carback@mobilexusa.com) it shows as coming from root@MobilexUSA.com, but when I send to 9999999999@vtext.com and I get this back in /var/spool/mqueue ---

more qfm29L16N03526
V4
T1205096466
K1205161590
N37
P3360180
I64/8/34239
MDeferred: Connection timed out with vtext.com.
Fwb
$_vsimon@localhost
Svsimon
Aroot@mxpddf01.corp.mobilexusa.com
RPFD:9999999999@vtext.com
H?P?Return-Path:
H??Received: (from vsimon@localhost)
by mxpddf01.corp.mobilexusa.com (8.11.1 (PHNE_35485)/8.11.1) id m29L16N03526
for 9999999999@vtext.com; Sun, 9 Mar 2008 17:01:06 -0400 (EDT)
H?D?Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 17:01:06 -0400 (EDT)
H?F?From: Vsifax Monitor
H?x?Full-Name: Vsifax Monitor
H?M?Message-Id: <200803092101.m29L16N03526@mxpddf01.corp.mobilexusa.com>
H??To: 9999999999@vtext.com
H??Subject: mxfax01
H??Mime-Version: 1.0
H??Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
H??Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
7 REPLIES 7
OldSchool
Honored Contributor

Re: emails to verizon wireles (vtext.com) being refused beacuse of spam filter put in place friday

Suggest you re-try it. I was able to send e-mail to cell via vtext.com w/o issue (other than slow.....like 10 minutes transit time)

the above says it timed out, not sure how you got to "spam filter" from there
RobertCarback
Frequent Advisor

Re: emails to verizon wireles (vtext.com) being refused beacuse of spam filter put in place friday

Verizon said they added spam filtering and it is a nationwide issue. When I attempt to go to verizonwireless website and send a text message from the website it now asks us to enter a security code.
OldSchool
Honored Contributor

the security code on the website *shouldn't* impact your ability to send text msg via e-mail.

as I noted above, I'm still able to send messages from office to cell phones via vtext.com w/o issue other than slowness (at least as of today)

Have they identified the problem or have a resolution for it?
RobertCarback
Frequent Advisor

no they have not corrected or found a go-around. In the meantime if I relay through my exchange server, it works
Tim Nelson
Honored Contributor
Solution

In the past I have always Smart Relayed off of our official Exchange server.

Most paging servers will attempt to reverse lookup the "From" address. If you masquarade your "From" address is still probably a non-world DNS entry.

RobertCarback
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for the help.
RobertCarback
Frequent Advisor

---