1751842 Members
5763 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Error While making database up

Sandeep Malav

Error While making database up

Hi,
I had got databease from my company's another location which i had uploaded in server & I want to make this database up & use
When ever I run script to up the database i get following error

21:45:43 SERVER : SYSTEM ERROR: Invalid blocksize 20992 in database /cfadata2/c701/db/pondyqad. (4521)
21:45:43 SERVER : ** The server terminated with exit code 2. (800)
21:45:43 SERVER : SYSTEM ERROR: Invalid blocksize 20992 in database /cfadata2/c701/db/pondybcs. (4521)
21:45:43 SERVER : ** The server terminated with exit code 2. (800)
4 REPLIES 4
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

Re: Error While making database up

What kind of database?

What type of server did it come from?

What operating system was running on the other server?

How did you "uploaded" it to your server?

Sandeep Malav

What kind of database?
it's oracle database

What type of server did it come from?
HP - Unix

What operating system was running on the other server?
HP - Unix

How did you "uploaded" it to your server?
through ftp
Kuang Chen
Frequent Advisor

It look like datafile trasfer incompleted.
Have you setup Binary transfer on ftp?

Make sure you have same OS version of HPUX and make sure shutdown your database before ftp data files, and make the target server directory structure have be same like source database.

-KC
Ben Dehner
Trusted Contributor

If you're doing a simple file transfer, the database revision levels must be the same. In paricular, if trying to open a 9i database using 10g binaries (without doing an upgrade), the datafiles will appears corrupted to the 10g system. And the 10g binaries will actually corrupt the files on the startup attempt.

This is especially important if the file system layout is different. You will need to rename the datafiles, or rebuild the control files, using the original source version before being able to upgrade the database.

Since you're doing a (hopefully binary!) ftp transfer, it isn't important that the OS version or the file system versions match. The datafile layout is binary compatible between different OS versions and architectures. I've moved data files from an 11.11 PA-RISC to 11.23 Itanium without problems.
Trust me, I know what I'm doing