1752307 Members
5124 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

External Monitor Support on 4365 Pavillion

daniel Winstead
Occasional Contributor

External Monitor Support on 4365 Pavillion

I have a dual boot running on my 4365 laptop with XP Home and Mandrake 10. Everything is flawless under XP. Under Mandrake almost everything is flawless. I cannot use my Function (Fn) keys or the external VGA port.

I am trying to use the external VGA port to hook into a projector with no luck. I have played with the X settings, but just don't know what I am looking at too much or what I can add without hurting it. Any and all suggestions would be welcomed.
4 REPLIES 4
Bruce Copeland
Trusted Contributor

Re: External Monitor Support on 4365 Pavillion

What kernel version do you have? On my ze4100, I had Fn keys working fine with kernels up through 2.4.20, but the Fn keys have failed to work ever since 2.4.21.

You might also try the omnikeys module available from SourceForge. (Omnibook was a predecessor to the ze4000/ze5000 series.) The omnikeys module is supposed to be for the multimedia function keys, but it may also have some effect on the Fn keys.

Bruce
daniel Winstead
Occasional Contributor

I am using 2.6.0 I will try out the omni keys and see what happens there. Thanks
Martin P.J. Zinser
Honored Contributor

Hello Daniel,

what worked for me with a Compaq Evo Notebook is booting Linux while the projector is already connected. Using this setup it worked fine, while plugging in the projector while Linux was already up did not work.

HTH,

Martin
daniel Winstead
Occasional Contributor

Well, Thanks for the tips. I have it working now and it was o so easy. If I plug in the monitor/projector and have it turned off untill after the system boots then turn it on once the log-in screen is up on the lcd...no problems at all and works everytime.

Dan