New Discussion юеВ

Re: Faxing on HP-UX 11.23

SOLVED
Go to solution
TheJuiceman
Super Advisor

Faxing on HP-UX 11.23

Hey gang,

We are currently using a product by Optio called FaxFx for our faxing on our 11.11 box. We are using some 33.3 modems via a mux panel for this operation. The product (and our method) is outdated (obviously) and we want to go to something else when we convert to 11.23.

My question is what is everyone else using and how are you handling faxing? Unfortunately, due to the nature of our business, we cannot send this information via email...it must be sent to a fax machine.

Thanks for your help.
4 REPLIES 4
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor
Solution

Check out VSIFax from Esker Software.
http://www.esker.com/fax_server_solutions/solutions-unix.asp

VSIFax also has the ability to send the fax via e-mail. The document comes into e-mail as a TIF file attachment.
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor

I've used VSI-FAX for over 10 years on HP-UX and it works very well. It's very easy to integrate into applications and as far as the application is concerned, it thinks that it is simply sending a job to the lp spooler.
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
TheJuiceman
Super Advisor

Are there any "gotchas" I should be aware of? What about configuration or setup issues? Thanks again.
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor

The "gotcha's" tend to revolve around setting the cabling between the modems and your serial ports wired exactly right and getting your ports properly configured --- especially if hardware handshaking is employed. This "gotcha" applies to all faxing software; vsi-fax itself is very easy to install and license.
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.