1753768 Members
5014 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP compaq nx6325

seth66

HP compaq nx6325

Hi,i am having big problems trying to install linux so far i have tryed to instal suse enterprise desktop 10 witch claims to be certified ...and suse 10.2, mandriva 2007,fedora 6.The problems are:on sled and suse 10.2 when it asks for creation of a new user i try to type a letter and it apears 3 times and problem no.2 the well known ACPI issues and when i try to reboot/shutdown it stalls for all other distributions..
Does anyone know some easy solutions for those problems..thanks in advance!
I am using a turion x2 TL-52 and bios version F.04
Sorry for my bad english...
2 REPLIES 2
Ragu_3
Trusted Contributor

What you may be doing is that you are trying to install a Generic x86 distribution on an AMD Turion system. The installation should not fail but still you should try a clean install with amd64 install cds. Please download amd64 specific isos and get them burnt on cds to use.

Debian GNU/Linux for the Enterprise! Ask HP ...
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello,

it should always work with a clean x86 oder 64 Bit x64 Distribution. Regarding the ACPI Issues try this:

http://blazilla.dyndns.org/linux/nx6325.htm

I`m running SUSE 10.2 on a nx6325 withound any problems, but I use BIOS F.02. With F.04 vmware server crashed every time. Try a BIOS downgrade or try to install SUSE 10.2 with acpi=off. There is option in the BIOS with which the fans never turn off when you are connected the power supply. Be sure that this option is enabled. Otherwise the CPU will be overheat. After the installation fix the ACPI issues and then you can turn off the fan option in the BIOS again.

Regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick