1753872 Members
7256 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP DX5150 and UBUNTU

SOLVED
Go to solution

HP DX5150 and UBUNTU

Is there anyone with experience installing UBUNTU in HP DX5150? I would like to know if it installs OK, and about ATI RADEON 9600 Integrated Graphics with Ubuntu 5.10 (Breezy Badger) 64-bit PC (AMD64). My intention is to buy a DX5150 and use it with UBUNTU, or with Fedora if I can't use it with UBUNTU.
6 REPLIES 6
Huc_1
Honored Contributor

Re: HP DX5150 and UBUNTU

One way of doing this could be to test a live distribution from CD on the a HP DX5150

You can download the latest live CD from the following link

http://distrowatch.com/

Jean-Pierre Huc
Smile I will feel the difference

It would be good if I could use a live distribution to test the equipment, but the problem is that I intend to buy it by the Internet, I don't have the equipment for testing it, and I never saw it in any store where I live. So I need help from someone who has this experience. Thank you for you help.
dirk dierickx
Honored Contributor

don't see why it wouldn't run on your hp. i would be surprised even if ubuntu would not work but fedora did.

I know that HP DX5150 is certified with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 and Mandriva 2006 Discovery/Lx (dx5150mt - PV766AA). But I found a lot of problems involving ATI RADEON 9600 and UBUNTU in discussion lists.
Alan_152
Honored Contributor
Solution

One of the guys down the row from me has a dx5150. He reports no issues dualbooting fedora and ubuntu.

Thank you very much. Now I'm confident to buy this equipment.