1753681 Members
5863 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP DX5150 and UBUNTU

SOLVED
Go to solution

HP DX5150 and UBUNTU

Is there anyone with experience installing UBUNTU in HP DX5150? I would like to know if it installs OK, and about ATI RADEON 9600 Integrated Graphics with Ubuntu 5.10 (Breezy Badger) 64-bit PC (AMD64). My intention is to buy a DX5150 and use it with UBUNTU, or with Fedora if I can't use it with UBUNTU.
6 REPLIES 6
Huc_1
Honored Contributor

One way of doing this could be to test a live distribution from CD on the a HP DX5150

You can download the latest live CD from the following link

http://distrowatch.com/

Jean-Pierre Huc
Smile I will feel the difference

It would be good if I could use a live distribution to test the equipment, but the problem is that I intend to buy it by the Internet, I don't have the equipment for testing it, and I never saw it in any store where I live. So I need help from someone who has this experience. Thank you for you help.
dirk dierickx
Honored Contributor

don't see why it wouldn't run on your hp. i would be surprised even if ubuntu would not work but fedora did.

I know that HP DX5150 is certified with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 and Mandriva 2006 Discovery/Lx (dx5150mt - PV766AA). But I found a lot of problems involving ATI RADEON 9600 and UBUNTU in discussion lists.
Alan_152
Honored Contributor
Solution

One of the guys down the row from me has a dx5150. He reports no issues dualbooting fedora and ubuntu.

Thank you very much. Now I'm confident to buy this equipment.