New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Moderator required in forum

SOLVED
Go to solution
Amar_Joshi
Honored Contributor

HP Moderator required in forum

Hi Guys,

I am extremely missing HP's presence in the Storage-Forum. In past few months I am yet to see a single reply from HP moderator(s). Reason that I am seeing some improper replies which makes wrong assumptions about the products.

If readers are feeling same that we should ask HP to get active in this forum, please reply to this and bring it to HP's notice.
10 REPLIES 10
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

I guess you should post your concerns here:
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1114353

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Amar_Joshi
Honored Contributor

Thanks Tors,

I believe this issue is only in Storage forum, because other forums has HP reps replying. Since most of the storage admins (i m one of them) never look at other forums hence didn't know there is any such forum. Definitely I will put a reference of this forum there once other viewers support me, otherwise I will think that it's my own view and others don't think the same way.
Jim Paulsen
Advisor

I have to agree - my perception is that this forum is for peers and lacks the HP presence.
Andrew Merritt_2
Honored Contributor

Hi,
As Torsten suggests, please post any concerns in the thread in the ITRC Forum General sub-forum.

I'm not sure what the issue being referred to is, without any specific examples. If you are expecting answers from HP people to your questions, I would point you to the ITRC Forum FAQs regarding how the forums work, particularly this one: http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#23

Andrew

Amardeep,

A lack of a little 'HP' logo by someones name doesn't mean they might not be a HP employee!

Only those people in HP who actually 'moderate' the forum (i.e. can make changes to and remove existing posts) have the logo.

There are plenty of HP-ites (including myself) who contribute here.

Remember that this is meant to be a 'peer-to-peer' forum, not an official support forum - the moderators aren't necessarily subject matter experts as well (although a lot of them are!)

If you see something thats just plain wrong then make a post to that thread and correct it.

Certainly when I post a question I wait to get as many answers as I can before following any advice therein.

HTH

Duncan

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo
Amar_Joshi
Honored Contributor

It looks like my suggestion to make this forum better, hurts HP employees. I am surprise to hear how easily Duncan can say that it's "peer-to-peer" forum.

I looked at the history of past few weeks, found plenty of questions with 0 answers or with self-solved answers. Doesn't it say all?
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

> I am surprise to hear how easily Duncan can say that it's "peer-to-peer" forum.

Why ? That's exactly what it is...

Remember HP make money from selling support services. If HP engineers spent all of their time answering questions on these forums, then that could lead to a significant loss of revenue.

Cheers,

Rob

Hey Armadeep, I'm not hurt at all!

I just saw someone making (to use your own words) 'improper replies' - this is straight off the main forums front page:

This is the gathering place for IT Professionals to solve problems, exchange ideas, and learn lessons from fellow peers who also use the IT Resource Center. HP engineers participate in all of these forums to share their advice, however, HP does not guarantee a response as these forums are intended as a peer-to-peer resource.

Couldn't be clearer.

HTH

Duncan

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo
Amar_Joshi
Honored Contributor

I have to agree with you all that in first place I didn't see forum's description that it's a peer-to-peer forum but assumed that someone from HP will also participate in it. My assumption is based on HP-rep's replies during my initial days in storage forum, but now I don't see anyone from HP replying to this forum, whereas other forums still have them. I still think that someone from HP should take part here because most of us still think that at HP portal, HP is listening us.

There are several HP internal websites that has enormous information to answer to many of the unanswered posts here. What's wrong in it if someone contributes here and at the same time passes the user comments to HP. It's all for betterment of this forum, nothing personal, nothing to demote anything.