5664 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP UNIX HFS 10.2 system corrupted, need to copy files to Linux or Windows

itsts2006
Occasional Contributor

HP UNIX HFS 10.2 system corrupted, need to copy files to Linux or Windows

I have one old HP Unix machine, HP UX 10.2, running on HFS system, not vxfs
the machine is OEM industrial machine, original label was torn down hence no model number is available.

system file corrupted and not bootable, I don’t have any working HP UX Machine now, the 2gb scsi hdd still in good condition, and I had image the whole scsi to 2gb file no compression - backup.img. I uploaded to google drive, if anyone know how to use winhex or dd to reimage to a new scsi / ide / sata harddisk, you can plug it into your HP UX box to mount and copy the files out. anyone who can help please send a private message by clicking here.  then I can send you the download link, I prefer not to share personal file here

thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
KishJ
HPE Pro

Re: HP UNIX HFS 10.2 system corrupted, need to copy files to Linux or Windows

Greetings,

HPE's recommended way to restore HP-UX is using Ignite backup. If you don't have an Ignite backup then installing the OS again is the supported way.

Recently there was another query about recovering 10.20 using a non-supported way and the Admin was able to recover by mounting the disk on another OS. You may check the respective for blog to see if such a procedure would work for you (Disclaimer: Users discretion is strictly advised).

I advise you to take the supported way as other ways involve risk and is not guarenteed to work. 

Hope it helps.

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo