8351 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: hprsm troubles on SUSE Linux Ent 9, .252 kernel

Eric Meiring
Frequent Advisor

hprsm troubles on SUSE Linux Ent 9, .252 kernel

Hello,
I have installed SUSE Linux Ent 9 on an HP proliant DL360 G3, but am still a bit unfamiliar with Linux in general. I have all the latest recommended patches from SUSE Online Update.

In trying to install HP's Lights-out drivers and agents (the latest hprsm RPM from HP's site), I am having an issue.

The installer proceeds, but then fails, saying:
"Building customer cpqci driver
cat: /lib/modules/2.6.5-7.252-smp/build/include/linux/mm.h: No such file or directory.
Failed to rebuild for custom kernel.
No insight management devices available (missing or disabled) on this system."

I in fact have the latest hpasm package installed and running, and can verify the Insight Manager stuff via a browser, as well as the cma* packages running.

However, I did update to the .252 kernel (and source) - is hprsm not supported on this kernel, perhaps? Or is there another issue?

My iLO board is not currently plugged in nor configured (I just realized this). Do I need to do that prior to installing the hprsm package?

Any help is greatly apprecaited.
Thanks!
Eric
3 REPLIES 3
Eric Meiring
Frequent Advisor

Update: I've actually plugged in and configured the iLO board (I verified connectivity via a browser), so at least that's good to go.
Eric Meiring
Frequent Advisor

At the risk of developing a conversation with myself here, I have one more bit of info/update to add:

iLO (hprsm) now appears to be running, although a "hprsm status" command only results in a message that says something like "Status of HPRSM: "

Not helpful.

I can get access to iLO via a web browser, but the graphical remote console feature is not enabled. I get a message saying "Graphical Remote Console is an iLO Advanced Feature. Advanced Features may be enabled by licensing the ProLiant Essentials Integrated Light-Out Advanced Pack".

Of course, I really don't know what this means...never configured iLO, to be honest.
Eric Meiring
Frequent Advisor

It turns out, I'm just being dim on this one.

iLO is set up - I just need to purchase/apply the Advanced key to access the graphical console via a browser through iLO.

Case Closed!