7178 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Libraries not found on HP-UX 11.11

MmC_3
Occasional Advisor

Libraries not found on HP-UX 11.11

Hi,
we've juste upgrade our software (VPM from Dassault) from 1.5 to 1.6. On 1.5, I had to compile on HP-UX 10.20. Now with 1.6, I have to compile on HP-UX 11.11. If I use the same makefile, there's some libraries that are not found anymore on 11.11.
Here's the options that I have in my makefile:
-lM -lX11 -lXext -lSM -lICE
I did a "whereis" on those 5 libraries, the only one found is X11 (X11: /usr/bin/X11 /usr/lbin/X11 /usr/contrib/bin/X11 /usr/contrib/lib/X11 /opt/xftp/bin/X11).
M, Xext, SM and ICE are not found.

Does somebody already experienced this problem ?
regards,
Marco
4 REPLIES 4
MmC_3
Occasional Advisor

Re: Libraries not found on HP-UX 11.11

Hi,
We have install some pathes - B3394BA - it seems to solve the problem at least for the X11 lib. but I still have an error message for the M lib. - /usr/ccs/bin/ld: Can't find library: "M"
Where am I supposed to find the M lib ?
regards,
Marco
Don Morris_1
Honored Contributor

http://docs.hp.com/en/B3901-90004/ch10s17.html

The libM library, which formerly supported XPG and POSIX while the libm library supported SVID, is obsolete now that these standards are compatible. The various versions of libM now exist only as symbolic links to the corresponding versions of libm. The symbolic links will eventually disappear.

[found by searching docs.hp.com for libM].

I figured it was something like this (but this is before my time so I wanted to find an actual doc).

Just use -lm instead of -lM and you should be fine.
MmC_3
Occasional Advisor

Hi Don,thanks for your quick answer, it seems to have solve the M library mystery, all my library are now compiled. I still have some error when starting the application, but I think that it is related to the application.

thanks,
Marco
MmC_3
Occasional Advisor

Just use -lm instead of -lM and you should be fine.