error code: 164, pc=0, call=1, seg=0
164 Run-Time subprogram not found

Doing a find, the module is on the server:
find / -name cobmffh64.sl* -print
/opt/lib/cobol/lib/cobmffh64.sl.2
/opt/microfocus/cobol/lib/cobmffh64.sl.2

And I have the following paths defined:
echo $SHLIB_PATH
/opt/perl-5.6.1/lib/site_perl/5.6.1:/opt/perl-5.6.1/lib/5.6.1:/opt/perl-5.8.8-64b-9i/lib/site_perl/5.8.8/PA-RISC2.0-thread-multi-LP64:/opt/perl-5.6.1:/t3appsoftware/vertex/quantum/lib:/t3infinys/tmogenev/release/gvi-3.2.2.h9i2/gvi/lib:/opt/CA/SharedComponents/lib:/t3infinys/tmogenev/platform/home/hpux11.11-64-prd/lib:/t3infinys/tmogenev/platform/home/hpux11.11-64-prd/TPSoftware/rogue/lib:/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0.6.0/lib:/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0.6.0/lib32:/t3infinys/tmogenev/live/lib:/opt/microfocus/cobol:/opt/microfocus/cobol/lib
=>echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
/t3infinys/tmogenev/live/bin:/opt/microfocus/cobol/lib:/opt/microfocus/cobol/lib:/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0.6.0/lib:/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0.6.0/bin:/t3infinys/tmogenev/live/bin:/opt/microfocus/cobol/lib:/opt/microfocus/cobol/lib:/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0.6.0/lib:/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0.6.0/bin:/t3infinys/tmogenev/live/bin:/opt/microfocus/cobol/lib:/opt/microfocus/cobol/lib:/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0.6.0/lib:/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0.6.0/bin:/t3infinys/tmogenev/live/bin:/opt/microfocus/cobol/lib:/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0.6.0/lib:/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0.6.0/bin:/t3infinys/tmogenev/live/bin:/opt/microfocus/cobol:/opt/microfocus/cobol/lib:/opt/microfocus/cobol/lib
=>echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH_64
/opt/microfocus/cobol:/opt/microfocus/cobol/lib
=>

Don't know where else it would need to be defined for the program to find it ???
7 REPLIES 7
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

Re: Library Load Error

Is your application 32 or 64 bit? What does "file /opt/lib/cobol/lib/cobmffh64.sl.2 /opt/microfocus/cobol/lib/cobmffh64.sl.2" show?

What function are you loading in cobmffh64.sl.2?

This isn't special on HP-UX: LD_LIBRARY_PATH_64

You'll need to contact Microfocus about this.
MikeL_4
Super Advisor

File on what the application is running is:

/t3infinys/tmogenev/live/bin/BG: ELF-64 executable object file - PA-RISC 2.0 (LP64)

and the module it can't find:
file /opt/lib/cobol/lib/cobmffh64.sl.2 /opt/microfocus/cobol/lib/cobmffh64.sl.2
/opt/lib/cobol/lib/cobmffh64.sl.2: ELF-64 shared object file - PA-RISC 2.0 (LP64)
/opt/microfocus/cobol/lib/cobmffh64.sl.2: ELF-64 shared object file - PA-RISC 2.0 (LP64)
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

These are all 64 bit. So the only issue is the name of the program you are trying to call. Is it in that shlib?
MikeL_4
Super Advisor

Not sure I know what you mean, I'm the Admin on this server and the application group just said they are tryin to run this program called BG out of one of there application libraries and are receiving this message...
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>I'm the Admin on this server and the application group just said they are trying to run this program

I assumed you were a developer. Has it ever worked?
MikeL_4
Super Advisor

that one I can't answer until I get ahold of an application person....
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>that one I can't answer

I suppose you could run tusc to guess what the application does. And if that doesn't help, you could use gdb to see what the calls to dlopen/dlsym are.