5098 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSL 6060 on RedHat AS 2.1

xyko_1
Esteemed Contributor

MSL 6060 on RedHat AS 2.1

Hi all,

The MSL 6060 is SAN attached using a qla2200 adapter. The system is able to recognize all components except the read/write devices, so I don't have a /dev/stx assigned to the MSL.

How can I define /dev/stx devices ?

Attached I'm sending dmesg, /proc/scsi/scsi and mtx inquiry status informations.

Thanks in advance.
Xyko
5 REPLIES 5

Re: MSL 6060 on RedHat AS 2.1

Hi Xyko,

You still need to map the 2 drives via the NSR E1200 -> mapping -> FC0 Port 0 Mappings -> map each WWN to "Port 0 Device map". Then reboot the NSR and the backup devices should become visible on your Linux system.
xyko_1
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Gratien,
thanks for your reply.

I'll try your sugestion and give a feedback after tests.

Regards,
Xyko
xyko_1
Esteemed Contributor

Hi again Gratien,

I talk with our SAN admin about your sugestion but he told me that we have a AIX 5.2 server on the same SAN that is already using that same MSL 6000. So I think that the NSR bridge is well configured.

I saw a document on the web that says that is necessary to set the kernel parameter CONFIG_SCSI_MULTI_LUN to yes and my kernel does not have it. What do you think about that ?

We have EMC CX600 disks and the MSL 6000 attached (zonning) to the same qlogic adapter. Do you know if we have to set any parameter on the qlogic driver exclusively to tape ?

TIA.

Regards,
Xyko
xyko_1
Esteemed Contributor

Hi all,

I'm just refreshing my question. I still have that problem, there are anything else that I can do ? Does anybody know if this is an unsupported configuration ?

Any help is welcome.

Thanks.
Xyko
xyko_1
Esteemed Contributor

Hi all,
my problem is solved.

I rebuild the kernel using CONFIG_SCSI_MULTI_LUN = yes and everything is ok now.

Thanks for everybody.
Xyko