5626 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Network Tuning for DataGuard Throughput Test

Dileep Tallam
Occasional Advisor

Network Tuning for DataGuard Throughput Test

Hai.
We would like to do some Network Throughout and Database Throughput tests to findout which is a better option, Continuous Acess or Oracle DataGuard. We are a major bank and we have about 10g R2 RAC (10.2.0.3) Databases using CFS and running on HP-UX 11i V2 Itanium in our Primary Site and we will be having 10 RAC DataGuards for these RAC Databases.

So, In our basic tests using LGWR ASYNC and ARCH mode of LOG Transport methods, we found a major time difference in completeing a huge transaction. So, we would liek to do some Network Tuning like increase TCP/IP Send Buffer Size etc. Please let me know if anyone did the similar exercises. Also, I want to know how to do that on HP-UX 11.23 Itanium.

regards,
Dileep Tallam.
2 REPLIES 2
Jeeshan
Honored Contributor

Re: Network Tuning for DataGuard Throughput Test

Hi Dileep

You can deploy mrtg in hp-ux for network throughput checking.

is the standby database in remote location?
if it is fibre connectivity, why are u bother about network throughpujt!!! ;)
a warrior never quits
Dileep Tallam
Occasional Advisor

Re: Network Tuning for DataGuard Throughput Test

Hai. We are concerned about the Network Throughput as there will be huge amount of redo generation and we want to test before going live if there would be any performance issues. Also just having Fiber is not enough. We have to make sure that O/S is also configured properly (TCP Send Buffer Sizes etc) and also Oracle Network Tuning (SDU Size etc) is required. So, I wanted to know the parameters which need to be tuned on HP-UX Itanium 11.23 O/S and if possible wanted to know if any one did such tests and what they have changed on O/S Level which affected their Tests?

regards,
Dileep Tallam.