5033 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Norton Ghost 8.3 error

Gajendran

Norton Ghost 8.3 error

Hi team

I m using HP DL380 , Fedora core 3 Raid 5 and size is 140GB

I can backed up the whold image successfully. When im restoring the 2nd CD always gives this error ' 31011 Unexpected packet type: found 48: expecting file data"

Please help or advice?

ThanksGajen
6 REPLIES 6
Vitaly Karasik_1
Honored Contributor

did you try to burn another 2nd CD?
Gajendran

Yes , I tried buring another CD's also.

Vitaly Karasik_1
Honored Contributor

here http://www.antionline.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=249761 they had similar problem.

My personal experience with ghost and linux disks was pretty good. I used ghost for imaging whole harddisk, not just partitions.
Gajendran

Yes , I aso image the hole harddisk and not individual partions. Do u have any other ghost versions?

I cannot open the link to the thread u have shown.

Regads
Gajen
Vitaly Karasik_1
Honored Contributor

> Do u have any other ghost versions?
I don't remober which Ghost I used - it was several years ago. probably it was ghost 8 or 9.

>I cannot open the link to the thread u >have shown.
it works for me, try again
od888

Gajen...

I have the same issue --
Ghost 2003 disk imaging a dual-boot computer (WinXP and Linux partitions). I was image restoring from a disk-to-disk using IDE cables.

There was thread here titled Application Error 31011 last 26Jul05 by 'cris'. No resolution at the end.

Check this link if it will for you --- http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ghost.nsf/0/11b325f25a993f4888256900005dad9a?OpenDocument&seg=hm

If anybody can advise of a workaround or give some light why it is happening --- it will be appreciated.

Cheers... od888