1748155 Members
3840 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: printer issue

sachit patil
Regular Advisor

printer issue

How can I enble remote printer. I tired enble. But status is not updated.
u90pu2# lpstat -obm04

printer queue for bm04
Printer Status File size Bytes left
PR1 DISABLED 2061 1960

regards
Sachit
no entries
6 REPLIES 6
Rita C Workman
Honored Contributor

Is the printer turned on? Can you call someone at the remote site to confirm this.

Can you ping it? -and- are you sure when you ping that you really are hitting *that* printer?

Can you resolve the printer (nslookup & nslookup ) properly?

Just a couple basic things to check.

Rgrds,
Rita
sachit patil
Regular Advisor

Hi Rita,
I am able to ping and traceroute.
even nslookup is responded.

Regards
sachit
Tim Nelson
Honored Contributor

remote printers configured using the LPR service can only be enabled/disabled at the remote service supporting the printer.

Your local system simply passes the request the the remote spooler. The remote spooler is in charge of controlling/printing to the printer.

Rita C Workman
Honored Contributor

Is it a printer you can telnet in to? If you can, then you can confirm your on the right device and maybe see if you can print a testpage from the menu.......
sachit patil
Regular Advisor

Hi
I am able to telnet that printer ip.
I also disable/enable printer.

Regards
sachit
Rita C Workman
Honored Contributor

Is there someone at the remote side who could physically go and look at the printer and have them go down thru the menu and print a testprint.

The last thing might be to telnet to a similar printer that is working ok and compare the settings to the problem printer (you said you could telnet to) - see if somebody has set something wrong. Option 2 shows if it truly is ENABLED for 9100,FTP,IPP,LPD.

Running out of ideas to try - it could be a physical problem with the printer that keeps disabling it.

Rgrds,
Rita