Operating System - Linux
1748027 Members
3914 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Problem - installed PSP 7.5 overtop of 7.4 on SLES9, and Light-Out Drivers broke

Eric Meiring
Frequent Advisor

Problem - installed PSP 7.5 overtop of 7.4 on SLES9, and Light-Out Drivers broke

Hello,

I have SUSE Linux Enterprise 9 recently installed on an HP Proliant DL360 G3 server. I performed all recommended online updates via YaST, and updated the kernel and kernel source to 2.6.5-7.252.

I then applied HP's Support Pack version 7.4 to it, and all appeared to be well. I then just discovered that HP released SP 7.5, so I downloaded that and moved the zip file to the SLES9 server.

I proceeded to delete the compaq folder that gets created when I extracted the 7.4 PSP, and extracted the PSP 7.5 zip file there (so the compaq folder and its subfolders were created again).

This time, when I ran ./install750.sh, I got all the desired components to install except for the HP Lights-Out Drivers and Agents for SLES9, and the HP Lights-Out Online Configuration Utility. I even rebooted the server and tried again, but still the install fails. The log in the PSP utility says:
"/lib/modules/2.6.5-7.252-smp/build/include/linux/mm.h: No such file or directory
Installation of this component FAILED"

I did check, and this component does support a min kernel of 2.6.5-7.97 and a max kernel of 2.6.99-99, so I think my kernel version is supported.

Furthermore, if I try to install the hprsm RPM file "manually" (instead of via the PSP GUI), I get the above error, plus a bit more info:
"Failed to rebuild for custom kernel.
No Insight Management devices available on this system."

Any idea what I might be missing? I fear that I messed things up by installing PSP 7.5 over top of 7.4. If I could even just wipe out the PSP entirely and start over with 7.5, that would be fine. I don't know how to do that, however.

Thanks,
Eric
1 REPLY 1
Eric Meiring
Frequent Advisor

Re: Problem - installed PSP 7.5 overtop of 7.4 on SLES9, and Light-Out Drivers broke

It appears that I inadvertantly updated something (glibc?) to the wrong version, and this broke.

In looking at the PSP pre-requisites in the PDF file on HP's site, I noticed this. All appears to be well now, so I'm closing this.