1752564 Members
5526 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

product that provides krb5-config?

Timothy Cole_1
Advisor

product that provides krb5-config?

Hi, I've been trying to build a library on HP-UX 11i whose build scripts try to run krb5-config during the build configuration phase. However, KRB5CLIENT does not appear to provide a krb5-config executable.

What product on HP-UX provides this? Is there a separate Kerberos SDK package?
8 REPLIES 8
Doug Burton
Respected Contributor

Re: product that provides krb5-config?

Have you looked into:

KRB5-Server B.11.11.04 Kerberos Server Daemons Version 2.1
KRB5-Srv-Admin B.11.11.04 Kerberos V5 Server Admin Utilities Version 2.1
Timothy Cole_1
Advisor

Yes. Neither product contains a file named krb5-config.
Doug Burton
Respected Contributor

Instead of getting the prebuilt software from HP perhaps you can use this?
http://hpux.cs.utah.edu/hppd/hpux/Development/Tools/heimdal-1.0.1

You may also wish to look at this:
http://docs.hp.com/en/T1417-90001/index.html
Timothy Cole_1
Advisor

Unfortunately we use several products which depend on HP's KRB5CLIENT package. krb5-config is the normal way to manage Kerberos build configuration, so I would expect HP to offer it somehow (especially since some of their own products are based on open source products whose build scripts use krb5-config).
Kiran Kr
Occasional Advisor

KRB5-Client/KRB5CLIENT products themselves provide the runtime as well as the SDK. However they don't ship the krb5-config script.
I have attached a copy of the krb5-config script with this post, let me know if this helps.
BTW: Which is the product that you are trying to build ?
Timothy Cole_1
Advisor

The product I'm trying to build is the Perl binding for GSSAPI. Like most Kerberos-related software, it relies on krb5-config to query and match the build options the Kerberos libraries were built with.

Thanks for attaching an HP-UX krb5-config script. While krb5-config is a generated file specific to a particular build, I'm going to try to modify it according to my best guess at the options HP used when building their package, and hopefully that will work out.

However, HP really, really should have shipped the krb5-config that was generated during the build process of their KRB5CLIENT product.
Timothy Cole_1
Advisor

Modifying krb5-config appears to have worked. It seems that HP neglected to ship the GSSAPI headers too, though.

At this point I can only assume that HP's Kerberos wasn't intended to be used by third-party products. :/

Maybe I'll try doing a Kerberos build from scratch in a separate directory tree...
Kiran Kr
Occasional Advisor

HP ships the following GSS-API headers:
/usr/include/gssapi.h
/usr/include/gssapi/gssapi.h
/usr/include/gssapi_ext.h

What else was perl gss-api looking for ?