Operating System - Linux
1752679 Members
5508 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Red Hat linux 7.5 Kickstart with HPE Proliant DL380p G8 seems to get messed up.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Matthew Murdock
Valued Contributor

Red Hat linux 7.5 Kickstart with HPE Proliant DL380p G8 seems to get messed up.

I successfully created my kickstart env and installation on a HP Kayak XU workstation, and all went well.

When I move to the DL380p G8, kickstart is not working 100% like it did on the XU box.

I add new groups and users with the group tag, and the users with the user tag as defined in RHEL examples.

However, at the end of the install, it looks like it added the user BEFORE the group so in my passwd file, my GID is correct and the subgroups are missing as well as shown with id.

<code>
group --name=dba --gid=101
group --name=oinstall --gid=102
group --name=asmdba --gid=103
group --name=asmadmin --gid=104
user --name=oracle --gid=102 --uid=1001 --groups=101,103,104 --homedir=/u01/oracle --shell=/usr/bin/ksh --plaintext --password=Yelpme
</code>
<code>
dba:x:101:
oinstall:x:102:
oracle:x:102:oracle
(and the other groups are added)
</code>

the firmware on the disks and the computer are all up to date (spent a day and a  half going through all that).

It is RHEL 7.5 Linux. latest download.

1 REPLY 1
Matthew Murdock
Valued Contributor
Solution

Re: Red Hat linux 7.5 Kickstart with HPE Proliant DL380p G8 seems to get messed up.

I honestly can say, stay home when you can not do anything right. Somewhere in the kickstart file was messed up, so this morning, I reverted back to the original script I created, modified the 1 section i needed,  and it worked like a charm. 

Problem Solved.