108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: redhat 9 and support software

SOLVED
Go to solution
Michael Banks_1
Advisor

redhat 9 and support software

Is there any way to get the csp to install on Redhat 9? Are there beta drivers for it? Really all I care about is the health driver and the instight agents so the fan in my ML370 G1 will run at the slower quieter speed.
12 REPLIES 12
Jerome Henry
Honored Contributor

Are you talking about clustering CSP or sound CSP ?
J
You can lean only on what resists you...
Michael Banks_1
Advisor

Sorry, probably have my acronyms wrong. CSP as in Compaq Support Software. I want to install the health and wellness drive + compaq insight agents and any other drivers that are need.
Michael Banks_1
Advisor

I don't really care how it gets done, but I need the Fan on my ML370 to run slower and quiter. It is in my office, and with out the support software it is extremely loud. So, Beta, tricking the support install into thinking I am running Redhat 8. Doesn't really matter.

Any idea when Redhat 9 will be supported?
Caesar_3
Esteemed Contributor

Hello!

Only that i can think about is that HP for
today support RH so you can try to connect them and ask for drivers or about the status
of them.

Caesar
Jerome Henry
Honored Contributor
Solution

I agree with Caesar,

I worked a bit on this idea of making csp think it's a redhat 8, but this means recompiling the kernel and modifying quite a lot of files, which could alos lead to problem when updating the system.

Recompiling csp for rh9 is not a hard thing, if you get the sources, and that's what HP has. The good idea is to ask them to do it.

J
Michael Banks_1
Advisor

What's the easiest way to contact them to get the redhat9 stuff? Using the normal support methods or is there a forum?
Jerome Henry
Honored Contributor

Normal support method.

On forums you'll have HP guys reading, but may not be the right guy at the right moment (you know the story).

Standard contact, and message is transmitted...

Good luck

J
Michael Banks_1
Advisor

I called compaq and they weren't much help. They guy answering the phone didn't know anything about when it would be available or if I could get the source and make some rpms. I am going to try so other routes.
Jerome Henry
Honored Contributor

Why not use their form ?
http://productfinder.support.hp.com/tps/ContactHp?h_lang=en&h_cc=us&
J