5632 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Remote Printer Problem

ng_7
Regular Advisor

Remote Printer Problem

hi, Experts,

We have set up a remote printer in HP unix 11.11i, Model : Seikosha BP 9000 and is attached with win2000, we can send print to this printer from unix as well as from Oracle, but the problem is, when we trying to print a landscape format report, it will print out as portrait format, need your help to advise on this.

thank you very much.

regards
ng
4 REPLIES 4
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

Remote printers on HP-UX do not have any -o options unless the print server is also an HP-UX system. Landscape mode requires special codes defined by the printer, so you'll have to insert these codes in front of the print job.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
Peter Nikitka
Honored Contributor

Hi,

another option which could work:
Create a new duplicate printer entry in WIN with default settings changed to use landscape mode.
Then create a new remote printer at your HP-UX host pointing to that 'default-landscape' printer.

You would have to use 'landscape-printer' or 'portrait-printer' like you request the paper output - I would give it a try.

mfG Peter
The Universe is a pretty big place, it's bigger than anything anyone has ever dreamed of before. So if it's just us, seems like an awful waste of space, right? Jodie Foster in "Contact"
ng_7
Regular Advisor

hi,

I apologize for not explaining my problem clearly. I am printing report from Oracle.
the normal report out in standard US fanfold(print out from other printer) shown in below eg :

Item Description Status Name Effective Date
10190 ABC123456789 Active 02-Feb2008 26:20

and the newly setup remote printer as shown below :

Item Description Status Name Eff
ective Date
Feb2008 26:20

may i know what is the setting to set in Oracle or windows in order to print the report correctly ?

thank you

regards
ng
OldSchool
Honored Contributor

follow Peter N's suggestion...

The lp command on your hpux box is basically only transferring the file to the windows machine for printing.

set up a printer on the windows side that has landscape mode selected, column width of 132 (I presume) and point the unix print queue at that print queue