Operating System - HP-UX
1753444 Members
4717 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: sendmail[816]: NOQUEUE: low on space (have 0, SMTP-DAEMON needs 101 in /var/spool/mqueue)

SOLVED
Go to solution
Brian Killeen_1
Advisor

sendmail[816]: NOQUEUE: low on space (have 0, SMTP-DAEMON needs 101 in /var/spool/mqueue)

Admins,
I take it from the following message that var/spool/mqueue is low on disk space but when I look at the available disk space with bdf and I get 43350 kbytes free on /var. The message is not coming from another machine on the network so it must be from a local process on my machine. I presume that the process is attempting to send a file to me which has been refused by the mail server. Has anyone seent his before and is there a solution that I might use.

thanx in advance

Brian Killeen

4 REPLIES 4
Stefan Farrelly
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: sendmail[816]: NOQUEUE: low on space (have 0, SMTP-DAEMON needs 101 in /var/spool/mqueue)

The message "needs 101" is probably page or block size, whichever, its between 40-80MB+ so someone is trying to send you a large message. All you can do is increase /var or else let the message eventually get rejected.
Im from Palmerston North, New Zealand, but somehow ended up in London...
Robin Wakefield
Honored Contributor

Hi Brian,

The sendmail.cf option MinFreeBlocks is normally set to 100 - this is what you're hitting. I would probably leave it as is, and try and clear space from this filesystem.

Rgds, Robin.
E. Wong
Frequent Advisor

I've seen this before, and opted to tar /var/adm/syslog/syslog.log and mail.log on tape so that it freed enough space for /var/spool/mqueue to proceed.

compute, therefore you are
Sanjay_6
Honored Contributor

Hi Brian,

Looks like the /var directory is low in disk space.

Thanks