5568 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Suse8.2 and Presario 2500

GLDavid
Occasional Advisor

Suse8.2 and Presario 2500

Hi every one !

I's okay, I've found a linux disribution which installs wwithout any problem with firewire or PCMCIA. It's the Suse 8.2. No problem for the install. Nonetheless, I would like to optimize the screen display because the driver is only a vesa driver for my video card (Ati Radeon 7500 Mobility). How can you configure it properly ?
Thank you very much for any answer !
2 REPLIES 2
David Asgeirsson
Valued Contributor

I just checked the website www.suse.com and it says that the ATI Radeon 7500 video card is "fully supported" by their software. I'm surprised it didn't automatically detect it when you installed. I use RH personally, but you should try to find a display settings option and manually select another display adapter. Maybe you could try re-installing and manually select the display adapter from their list during the install procedure... That is if you haven't installed alot of other stuff already.

Try searching their website and documents some more. I found these instructions:
http://sdb.suse.de/en/sdb/html/wessels_sax247.html

Good luck.
Tuomas Heino

Well Radeon *Mobility*... doesn't usually mean it's a real "Radeon" when it comes to performance and supported features. Just quite close to being one. Regardless, some support for most mobile radeon chipsets is available at

ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/supplementary/X/XFree86/ATI/suse82/radeon_igp

YMMV... just some of the igp chipsets there; video playback works here w/ them but dri/3d stuff isn't supported :-/